July Update
Kia ora everyone, welcome to my July update. I’ve just received my new day plan for the next six months, and I can't wait for all the fun activities coming up.
I’ve been spending time in the kitchen lately and like to consider myself a great assistant cook. I helped make a delicious banana cake by mashing up the bananas in a bowl, and I even helped make an apple pie completely from scratch, from rolling out the pastry to stewing the apples. To celebrate Matariki, we held a shared lunch at the studio, and I brought along a platter of steamed pudding that my aunty made. It was a massive hit with all my friends.
We’ve also been working hard for weeks on revamping our sensory door. If there’s one big lesson we’ve learnt along the way, it’s to never use adhesive door decor. They are so tricky to remove however the great news is that after two coats of fresh white paint, the door is looking fantastic again. One of the activities I really enjoy doing is I.C.T (Information, communication and technology), learning to explore the internet safely and trialling fun games. As you can see by my big smile, I’m in my element.
Outside of the centre, I’ve been staying super active. I’ve been building on my dancing skills at Idance and headed over to Te Puke bowls for a game of pool and a nice cold beverage. I also went for a fresh morning hīkoi around Gordon Spratt Reserve in Pāpāmoa. While a few of us were out exploring the community, our friends back at the centre were busy making homemade chocolate lamingtons. They were absolutely delicious, and I made sure to enjoy one for lunch.
Well, that’s everything from me for now. I’m looking forward to all the adventures in my new day plan, and I’ll chat with you all next month.
Comments
Post a Comment